Thursday, April 21, 2011

MHL CUSTOM, A STATE OF THE ART PALACE FOR SURFERS

                          MHL CUSTOM FACTORY               
"THINK GREEN"
"COMPUTER GADGETS"

"THE AKU SHAPER CNC MACHINE"

"RACING SUP'S ARE IN MODE"

"WAVECRAFTS REQUIRE SKILLED HANDS TO FINISH THE JOB"

"SANDING AND POLISHING ARENA"

"THIS IS A SIGNED PHOTO DEDICATED FROM MR TO THE HEAD SHAPER GREG JAUDON"

'BOARDS AND MORE BOARDS"

"SOME CLARK FOAM NOSTALGIA AND PUERTORRICAN PROUDNESS"

"SURFING SUP'S AND EVEN KITE SURFBOARDS ON THE HOUSE"

PUERTORRICAN MASTER SHAPERS, GREG JAUDON AND "THE LEGEND" NESTOR RAMIREZ WHO WAS ALSO VISITING THE FACTORY



THE ALTERNATIVE SURF CULTURE

     I was having a mind battle between my scientific knowledge and my soul feelings. Mostly generated by my scientific curiosity. The beauty and soul of hand shaping and the numerical reproduction of a computer generated outline. After research and the shocking reality in a recent article that "Bing"was using CNC machines, I decided to order my summer fish from a new surfboard factory located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Its name is MHL Customs.
     This new factory is using an AKU shaper CNC machines which is one of the best and most accurate in the market. It can reproduced computer generated designs of any wave craft, from the smallest grom surfboard to a state of the art hydrodynamic racing stand up paddle board. You can even download the AKU shaper software free from their internet site.
    One of the assets of this system is the reproduction of your magic board by scanning it and also improve its design just by the movment of your mouse. In my case after trial an error, since I started surfing again , I defined my ideal volume in liters. This can be done as a product of the software design, then you will never fail with the generated quiver designs.
   The MHL factory is a state of the art palace and one of the best assest to the surfing community in Puerto Rico. Now the local shapers can replicate their magic designs and produce more in less time. When I arrived I was impresed with the professionalism of the head shaper, Greg Jaudon, who kindly take his time to reevaluate my design and dimesions. Also have the courtesy of show me around. That day was absent the owner ,Nick Leason whith his Ingeenering background complement the duet.
    They produce any shape or design that you can dream with any construction, like bamboo deck, vacuum sandwich construction, carbon fiber, PU,Resin Tint, EPS/Epoxy, airbrush painting and even have an water-based marker artist on call.
    As I mentioned earlier my mind battle ended when I observed the hand shape skills that need the blank after been in the machine. Now I think that replication of a magic board is more near than ever. Enjoy ride and visit the MHL Custom internet site, link is available in this blog!




No comments: